But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5 to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir. NIV
What did He pay in full when He shed Hid blood to redeem us?
- He redeemed us from sin - the most important of all, for all the wages of sin encapsulate in it. (Rom 5:12). All of our sins are forgiven as we place it upon Christ (1 John 1:9).
- He broke the bondage of satan - (1 John 3:18, 2 Corinthians 4:4). Everyone who comes to the Lord will be freed from the forces of darkness!
- He healed us from all our sicknesses and diseases - healing of all kinds of sickness, all kinds of diseases are included in the redemptive work of Christ for He will be honored in a healthy body! (2 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Peter 2:24)
- He sent provision for all our needs- No more poverty in Christ! He will supply all the things that we need (Philippians 4:19, Romans 8:32). A heaven here on earth to those who will believe.
- The best of all! He restored our position as Children of God -lost of fellowship with God is man's greatest dilemma. It is the heart of all hurts. His rejection, because of man's willful sin, is mankind's greatest curse. But in Christ all of these were restored!
Well my friend this Lenten season, lets put to heart that Jesus did not just die for our sins! He died to make us live again in a heavenly condition, here on earth and on the age to come in eternity!
Glory to the Lamb of God who was, who is and is to come!
Everytime you are in a situation opposite to what Christ did, do all your faith can, and bring back what is yours in Christ!
By prayer and supplication let your request be known to him, who will do more than what we could ask or think!